The 2021-22 California State Legislative session has ended, with the final status of all bills and other legislation now known.
For this session, the Peace & Freedom Party publicly took a position for or against 18 bills in this legislative session; these bills and their statuses are listed below. For slightly more information on the bills and to access the PFP’s position letters, click here.
The following bills were supported by PFP.
• AB 20 by Lee (of Assembly District 25) and Kalra (AD27) – The Corporate Free Elections Act. Status: Died in committee (Assembly Elections).
• AB 101 by Medina (AD 61) – High school education: Ethnic Studies. Status: Signed into law.
• AB 118 by Kamlager (AD54) – the Community Response Initiative to Strengthen Emergency Systems (C.R.I.S.E.S.) Act. Status: Signed into law.
• AB 1400 by Kalra (AD 27), Lee (AD 25) and Santiago (AD 53) – Guaranteed Healthcare for All. Status: withdrawn by bill’s authors.
• AB 1947 by Ting (AD 49), Richard Bloom (AD 50) and Muratsuchi (AD 66) – Freedom from Hate Crimes Act. Status: Died in Senate.
• AB 2632 by Holden (AD 41) – Legal limits on the practice of solitary confinement. Status: Vetoed by the governor.
• AB 2932 by Low (AD 28) and Garcia (AD 58) – The 32-hour workweek. Status: Died in committee (Assembly Labor and Employment).
• ACA 16 by Kiley (AD 6) Repeal of California’s “Top-2” electoral method. Status: Died in Assembly.
• SB 2 by Bradford (of Senate District 25) – Law Enforcement Officials: Certification and Civil rights. Status: Signed into law.
• SB 29 by Stern (SD 27) – Extension of mail-in balloting in elections. Status: Signed into law.
• SB 260 by Wiener (SD 11) and Stern (SD 27) – Climate Corporate Accountability Act. Status: Died in Assembly.
• SJR 11 by Skinner (SD 9) – The Social Security 2100 Act. Status: Chaptered by Secretary of State.
The following bills were opposed by PFP.
• AB 386 by Cooper (AD 9) – Public Employees’ Retirement Funds: Confidentiality of investments. Status: Died in committee (Appropriations).
• AB 446 by Mayes (AD 42) – Elections: Political party qualifications. Status: Vetoed by governor.
• AB 2808 by O’Donnell (AD 70) – Elimination of Ranked Choice Voting in all state elections. Status: Died in committee (Elections).
• SB 286 by Min (SD 37) – Extension of “Top-2” electoral method for state elections. Status: Died in committee (Appropriations).